Thursday, April 9, 2009

The power of words

Well… I guess poetry has not left the minds of men. We still linger… but now we linger on the web… still in hope that some great writer will produce a small sample of his creativity, that can massage our senses. Words, and no more, that well our eyes with tears and tremble our cheeks in uncontrollable emotion.

My good friend and I innocently (and somewhat unknowingly) engaged such an event on Facebook. It essentially was a simple challenge to outwit by word the other. Comment after comment, we attacked and parried. Line after rhyme we insulted lightly. It was good fun.

Then, some others decided to engage, and in the spirit of the battle we over-killed our prey… and things turned somewhat sour from then on.

Nevertheless it ended reasonably harmlessly and life went on as per usual… well, for most of us. Me? I still have the energy of the words fresh in my mind. I admit, I go back once in a while in the hope that someone added another line or two. But I guess it’s best that it ended where it did. There was little left to say.

But imagine the mirages and misdirection in this world! We claim that glory is best sought with money and power! Yet I was thoroughly inspired by free words from free men. On a free platform no less!

(So here’s where I jump off the wagon!)

Maybe the truth is, that such things as money are simply control mechanisms, set in place by some great minds in the past. The glue, that holds society together. The seeming need to be part of the machine, lest you be left in poverty and hopelessness.

Now see? That’s a fallacy if I ever heard one. Poverty isn’t necessarily hopelessness is it? I don’t believe so. But still we tend to group those two words. That when one is without money, poor, one has no hope. A statement that eliminates the possibility of hope outside of money. And then naturally, hope becomes money.

And so we commonly say, “I hope to… when I’m rich I’ll…” Tsk… How can I convince you… the effort to do what you hope to do even before you are rich, is what will give you what you want and possibly even make you rich.

That money is part of the system, not the true coin of the system. It’s like the house and the dog. Or the prestige and the fame. Or the power and the luxuries. It’s just another one of the perks that lie between the will and the success.

None of them will give you the will. None will achieve you success. Only when you find the will, then as you journey to inevitable success, they will become part of your journey. And as you reach closer to success, their lure will diminish I believe.

Because you don’t really want money… its just metal or paper. nor house or car. Just stone rubber really. What you want is the ability to achieve, and these are all vehicles to that end.

That is possibly why, those who find such enlightenment through achievement, often live humble and charitable lives.

Anyway… ramblings of a mad man as usual.

My dad would say, “Very close son. But I believe the true meaning of life to be in each individual’s ministry… Their life principles. Their service to others and themselves. Once found and followed, there can be no regret and no boundaries.”

He’s clearly just as insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment