Thursday, April 2, 2009

Awake ye! ... it's time to blog.

So, the funniest thing about what's happening here (me blogging that is), is how long i've been dying to do this! I've been through many versions of blogs, mostly self-built (yes I'm "another geeky coder".. back off!). 

But oh of course it could never quite have the same ring of satisfaction that one would get from being on something like say blogspot or facebook (or twitter, as much as those birds crawl my blood!). 

Yes well, when you think about it, it's quite obvious. One blogs to voice themselves. Like some cheap form of therapy... 

As I think about it, such effective and free means of destressing must have psychiatrists a little pissy. Here we are, sitting in the comfort of our house (or cafe, or park, or work, or wardriving outside a random person's house...hehe), writing about ourselves... like... willingly! 

No hypnosis, or tricky questions, or stupid rorchach-mask-like pictures (of course Rorchach isn't stupid.. just the pics... it was important that I clear that up right away.. I don't want to risk loosing my audience on the first go!).

Ten minutes later... deep breath..... "I feel so much lighter!" (another shrink defaults on their house). Well... thank you blogspot for saving me the $500/session psycho-bill. That money is going to be wisely invested in alcohol. =)

..........

You know, time is something that can hardly be expressed in writing (unless it's scrolling across a screen very slowly, i guess)... I think it's only fair to make this first blog as real as possible by letting you know exactly how much time passed between the writing before the dotted line and the writing after the dotted line. about 10 minutes. 

You never would have guessed it eh! I just sat here... daydreaming... thinking about all the things I would write about... about the DDoS Solution that i'm researching and implementing for my final year project (google tip: Distributed Denial of Service), about the poem i wrote and stuck to my facebook page last night... or about the new XNA framework that I downloaded and how much i wished sony would do something similar for playstation 3 (google tip: XNA game development library). 

And all the while i'm thinking all these things... at roughly the same time.... Dream Theatre's Misunderstood is playing in the background (inside my head of course...the room is actually very silent).... 

And then it hit me... why not write about what I was thinking of writing about? (granted, out of context that statement might seem a little redundant)..... and so I did! There... I'm all juiced out after that extremely theraputic mental and fingeral workout. First blog... done! (I'll explain "Under Lies" next time)

oh hey! nearly forgot... i was bored last night (before the facebook poem), so i installed Windows 7 beta onto vmware and recorded a short flythrough. It's actually the first time I used the record function and i think i set the quality too low so sorry... next time will be better..

Enjoy!

............

Crap! There was a strange error uploading the video!... meh i guess it wasn't really that great anyway. But... if i get any comments from my super-cool readers about doing over the video, well... anything for you. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment